My Top Recommendations
To give the industry insight into shifting consumer attitudes and behaviors in today’s environment, the Better Sleep Council has set about to conduct a quarterly national survey of mattress buyers.
The first quarter of 2021 (the second installment of the research) has seen some changes and some consistencies in how people are sleeping, how they are shopping and what they’re buying for their homes.
This installment of the Better Sleep Council’s quarterly tracker found:
- Respondents still say that a good night’s sleep is more important than diet, exercise and even relationships when it comes to their health.
- Almost half of respondents still aren’t getting a good night’s sleep – many of those who are credit their mattress and sleep environment for the quality of their sleep.
- In Q1 2021, mattresses became a lower priority for people’s purchases, falling from 5th most important to 8th – although the larger bedroom products category remains a priority for home product purchases.
- While online mattress shopping remains strong, people who are shopping for mattresses are starting to return to in-person shopping as they become more confident about going out to public spaces.
- Slightly more people are shopping locally, while interest in new retailers and new brands fell in the first quarter of the year.
More details about what mattress shoppers are thinking, feeling and doing can be found in the full report here: BSC Tracker Results: Q1 2021 .
Go here to see the first installment of the BSC’s quarterly research.